Friday, February 15, 2013

Comparison: Lipstick crayons

Hey everyone!
Sorry for the lack of posts, I've just been very busy. I am trying to change my job, so I've been to interviews, and stuff, and so it takes a lot of my time. And when I do have some free time I choose to spend it on me.

I am back with a little comparison between my favourite make up products of the moment : lipstick crayons. I love these new type of lipsticks, I think they are so practical, don't know why. I am not a lipgloss person, don't like the applicator concept, and I think most of them are too sticky. The only lipgloss I own is Clarins Instant light lip perfector ( don't know why Clarins insists on giving their products such long names).

So I recently ( and by recently I mean two days ago) bought two of the Revlon just bitten balm stains. And know find myself to be the proud owner of 3 kinds of lipstick crayons. I started with the Clinique Chubby sticks, moved on to the Kiko ones don't know how they are called, because all the writing on it has come off, and they were limited edition.

Ok so they are all the same size, and have the same amount of product inside I think. The way they work is the same, you twist the bottom to get more product out. Know on to the differences

Clinique Chubby sticks - are more of a balm, and just that, so the color pay off is not at all interesting, but if you like the kind of sheer lipstick look these are for you. I like them, because I am a fan of sheer lipsticks, but in terms of hydration, I don't see them doing much. The Clarins Instant light is way better. Another thing I don't like about this product is the smell - it smells a bit plastic like. I understand they have a new intense formula - more pigmented, but they haven't released them here yet. The color range is pretty wide. They cost like 18€.

Kiko Lavish lips - this is more of a very glossy lipstick. I really like it, it is more hydrating than the Clinique one. It has no smell at all, so for those who don't like odors in make up products this is perfect. It glides on really smooth, and the color pay off is better than the Clinique one. The color range is not huge. These are really cheap, if you can still find them, I think that it was like 4€.

Revlon just bitten kissable balm stains - these are the most pigmented out of all three, and the colors are buildable. I like the color range, and the wear is definitely the best out of the three. You can eat and the color stays on. The balm is ok, but not super hydrating, it's like the chubby stick, only the pigmentation is way better. They smell like peppermint, which I really like, but for some of you that might not be terrible. These are in the middle price range - 10€, but they had a promo on them in Monoprix and I got 2€ off.

So all in all I really like these, but if you really want only one, I would suggest going for the Revlon ones, if the smell doesn't bother you, or the Kiko ones if it does.

Here are the photos

Revlon - Romantic, Clinique - Super Strawberry, Kiko - Rose nude, Clinique - Voluptuous Violet, Revlon - Rendez vous


2 comments:

  1. I have some from tarte, which also smell like peppermint, and the color pay off is quite nice too. My mum owns a Clinique one and I don't really see the point in them. Maybe the more pigmented ones that just came out are better, but the sheer ones I just don't get. Too bad we don't have KIKO in Austria, I would have totally gotten some!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't have tarte here, because I really love their lip products, and cheek products.

      Delete

I love reading your comments so don't hesitate to leave one!! Thank you!! It is very appreciated!