Tuesday, April 9, 2013

The products that saved my dehydrated skin

I know you are not used to such blog posts. But I have been on a quest recentely, to find a really hydrating product to help with my really thirsty skin.

I think that winter has really affected my skin. Normally applying a hydrating cream in the morning and in the evening, was enough for my skin in winter. I don't know if it is the really prolonged winter or my skin is getting older and changing, but my face and hands became really dehydrated in the last month. I had bits of dry skin all over my face, even under my eyes, and my foundation and concealer clingged to them, and it made it look so cakey, and nasty all in all.

So I started by buying a face cream for dry skin ( I thought it would be more hydrating)- BAD MOVE!! Dehydrated skin is not the same as dry skin. My skin isn't dry, it's combination, so it did nothing, even worsened the situation because on top of my dry patches all over, I had really oily skin by the end of the day. I am curently using that one as hand cream.

I then purchased a hydrating mask from Uriage - this was ok, but it worked for like a minute, and I really had to do it every day on top of my daily routine. And by the end of this month it stopped working.

I went to Barcelona, to visit my friend like two weeks ago, and she had this face cream and it did the trick in the 4 days that I was there, but I can't afford to pay the steep price tag, so I searched other options online. And I came across a forum, in which a lady reccomended a brand I had never heard of before called Qiriness that is sold in Marionnaud. Marionnaud is like Sephora in France.

This is a swiss brand and I saw on the site they had a water wrap for the face and I thought to myself this is exactely what I need!!! It is a bit expensive it costs 60€, but it is 100ml, and Marionnaud is actually having a second product 40% off, so I got the eye contour creme Caresse Regard Futur and the hydrating mask Le wrap d'eau

This is what they look like in real life:


As you can see the packaging is sooo prety, but hey for the price tag I wouldn't expect less. I payed for both products 87€, with 40%ff of the eye cream.

The eye cream has a pump and 15ml, and no smell what so ever.
The face wrap can be used as a mask, or as a night cream. It is pretty thick and creamy, so that's why you can't use it during the day. As a face mask it is supposed to be left on the skin in thick coat for about 10 min. I use it as a night cream, I put on a light layer, and leave it on during the night. In the morning my face feel great.

As you can see from the picture this is a pretty rich cream and the tub is huge. It is 100 ml as opposed to 30ml in a normal face cream. It has a wonderfull subtle cucumber smell, that I loove.


I think I haven't even told you if these worked. Well I am happy to say that in two days all my dry patches went away, and I have found my normal combination skin back to it self.I know these were expensive, but considering the quantities you get, and all the money I put into the previous useless products, I think I was better off buying these from the get go. But who knew about them? So this is why I am writing about these, because they saved my skin.

I am also considering starting to take better care of my skin, and starting the mille feuilles skin care method. I will keep you posted.

Anyways if you are having the same problems as me, and can't seem to find what you need, I firmely recommend these!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments so don't hesitate to leave one!! Thank you!! It is very appreciated!